Re: Building gcc-3.4.1 Ada

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

I'm having quite a problem building Ada with 3.4.1. I set up and run configure and make bootstrap fine, but I can never get the gnatlibs_and_tools target to show up in the Makefile, so the documented process of

cd gcc
make gnatlibs_and_tools

fails.

I am using an Ada enabled base compiler and gnatbind, gnat, gnatls, etc are built. I'm not that familiar with Ada, so I'm not sure if everything that is supposed to be built is now done in the make bootstrap phase or not.

Sorry to follow up my own post, but I was wrong in the post above, the only files that are created are gnat1 and gnatbind. I was looking at the make install text and made some incorrect assumptions.

The process I am using does work for gcc-3.3.3. I'm stumped.

-- Bruce