build based on a binary only distribution

I have a binary only distrubution of the gcc suite (binutils, newlib, gcc). I wan't to
build the equal toolchain for an another platform. Can I do that with the help of the
given binaries ? Can those binaries "say me" how they where built ?

Can the specs file be a help for that ?

Marcel