Optimized code with GCC-3.3.3

Hi!
I am trying to optimize to code produced by gcc-3.3.3 for my pentium4.
After reading the following manual page a got a little confused.

http://tinyurl.com/5zt9b

Does -march=cpu-type mean that a I automaticly have also -mcpu or do I have
to specify them both to get the best possible code? Imply is a verb which
when translated to my language (Finnish) could mean that it comes automaticly
or it needs to be specified. I tried using google but I didn't get any
answers there  because I saw the -march option used both with and without
-mcpu. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Petteri Räty