-mcpu vs -march

Hello!

I searched the man to find that if for gcc multiple -O options are given
then the last one will be used.

for example:
gcc -O3 -O2 is the same as gcc -O2

but I was searching for the -march and -mcpu.

If both is given like:

gcc -march=pentium3 -mcpu=pentium3 then what will it be?

I found that -march implies -mcpu (like -O3 implies -O2) so I thought
that then -mcpu will be used, but so said no. Some said, no matter the
order of the two flags mcpu will be used. So I got confused.

Thanks for your help!

ps.: I'm not signed onto this mailinglist, so if you be so kind to CC
the answer to my address as well.
--
Demeter Ákos <squareroot2@freemail.hu>