Re: information

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 05:14:38AM +0100, ramesh kumar wrote:
> i am a recent starter of c++ language working on g++.
> i previously worked with turbo c++ compiler and i
> never used a statement like "std:: cout".
> can any one help me find out what this style of c++ is
> and guide me to any site where i can get the
> information about it.
>
> thanks.

Hi,

at first, let me say that this isn't the right forum to ask general
questions about C++. Therefore a newsgroup like comp.lang.c++.moderated
would be more appropriate.

Turbo C++ certainly was a good product but it stems from the days where
there was no C++ standard set in stone. Well, nowadays there is:

ANSI/ ISO 14882 Programming Language C++ (1998).

The GCC folks try to strictly adhere to this standard. As I already
suggested in my last message you should get a good book on programming
in standard C++. (e.g. "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne
Stroustrup)

Regarding your question above, you should learn about namespaces.
You can read about them here:

http://www-h.eng.cam.ac.uk/help/tpl/languages/C++/namespaces.html

HTH
Claudio