Re: Unrecognized option -qnoro

>>>>> Sharon Z Prevette writes:

Sharon> I am have a problem using a command called makeudt that generates
Sharon> a command: cc -qnoro -qarch=com -DNLS   -O  -c funchead.c .
Sharon> Can you help me with the conversion of the parameters that are
Sharon> native IBM AIX 5.2 to what gcc is expecting?

	gcc -fwritable-strings -mcpu=common -DNLS -O -c funchead.c

-fwritable-strings is deprecated in GCC 3.4 and will be removed in the
next release.

AIX 5.2 does not support the POWER architecture and AIX does not guarantee
that programs compiled on newer systems will run on older systems.
-mcpu=common is the GCC default prior to AIX 5.2, but really does not make
sense on AIX 5.2.

David