Re: libgcc license

Hi Sampath,

Here's the license agreement for GCC. Including libgcc.a which is part of GCC.

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.0/gcc/Copying.html

I believe the entire GCC is GPL, with liberal allowances for some components for certain purposes. I think libgcc.a is one of those components that has liberal extensions for its usage.

But I'm not a lawyer, I'm not part of the GNU organization, and I may be mistaken.

That's not the same as LGPL, which is a little less restrictive.

Even if a lot of us confirm/vouch what I've stated, that's not tantamount to having your own lawyer take a look at the GCC license.

(And if I'm mistaken, I'm open to correction.)

HTH,
--Eljay