Re: Default argument for templatized function

Yeah, ok.  I really do know what I'm talking about with C++, I just
haven't
been able to get it to do what I want :P.  And I figured it was
something
like that (with respect to interpreting...), but why would it work so
easily
for the other case? (and yes just calling with the two parameters works
just
fine...)

I definitely know MANY ways to get around it, but it still makes generic
programming WAY more of a pain in the ass if you can't let it figure
things
like that out for itself.

Without the functionality of deriving the template for a default
argument,
which seems pretty straight forward to me by the way, it makes that a
fairly
gross limitation of gcc (lack of function specialization AND lack of
ability
to intuit from a default parameter).  I know there could be some issues
depending on the order the compiler goes through the steps, but man...
it
doesn't seem that complicated (I don't have any specific reference in
Bjarne
or anything...).

So should I submit this as a bug then?  It seems like the compiler
should be
able to do that (since it can't do def. template arguments for
functions).
Of course if they add default template arguments for functions... then
it
would be fine.  Suggestions?

Adruab