From: Eljay Love-Jensen [mailto:eljay@adobe.com]
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 6:14 PM
To: Jyotirmoy Das; gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: noreentrant functions on Linux Advance Server 2.1 using gcc
2.96

Hi Jyotirmoy,

The thread unsafe ones are all the ones that return a pointer to an
internal buffer.

The corresponding thread safe versions have the same name with a suffix
of
_r (for "re-entrant").

For instance, ctime() and ctime_r().

Bionic Buffalo lists these thread safe / unsafe functions:
<http://www.tatanka.com/doc/technote/tn0105.pdf>

HTH,
--Eljay