Stack Trace with GCC

Hi ,

  I am an undergraduate student at IIT Bombay working on the control flow
 of GCC while compiling c code.I am intrested in tracing the path of gcc
 during compilation.I don't see any good material on this topic anywhere.
  One approach is to  put break points in all of (176) c files
 in gcc directory and check the flow but that seems to be very time
 consuming .
<lars.segerlund@comsys.se> suggested me of stack trace , but
I am not able to do so in a right way.So I am not getting the
complete trace.Is there any way out to get the complete stack trace???

 --Hari