Re: Some questions about IA64 cross compiler and possible RPM spec

...from the shameless advertising division....

It's a lot easier on Debian.  You can see what has been done
with Debian by visiting:

   http://www.cpad.pucrs.br/pub/docs/cross-compiler.pdf

Or searching through the Gelato site at:

   http://www.gelato.org

Or checking out the Debian toolchain packages that will
build the whole shootin' match for you.

I _think_ there's some folks there working on spec files
through Gelato, too, so you might want to search their
mailing lists.  A quick google also turned up about 1100
hits that might be of help.

You may also want to start from the spec files that Red Hat
ships with their compilers.  I suspect it's a lot easier to
modify those than start from scratch.

Sorry this doesn't answer the question directly, but I
hope it helps nonetheless....

--
Ciao,
al