ddd target dependencies

Hello all,

I am using gnu ddd (Data display debugger) on i386-Linux
for some target 'x'. I want to know are there any architectural
dependencies which could restrict some of the functionalities
of ddd.

According to my knowledge ddd is target independent and the
only thing it does is it places a bridge between the user and
the debugger. But if ddd is being used with debugger for target
'x' then it does not enable few features e.g.
memory and registers.

What can be the problem . Please help me ..

Thanks in advance,

--Bansidhar