regparm guarantee

I was wondering if by specifying regparam for a function if it is GUARANTEED
that parameters passed to the function will be made via register.  I ask this as
I'm interfacing with an assembly written library which links to external c-code.
 When the assembly routines call c-function, there are some that are stdcall,
and some pass variables through register (they only pass 1 variable as far as I
can see in EAX).

Is there any way to explicitly say "use EAX for this parameter?"
>From the wording of the manual under 'function attributes', it doesn't appear
so.  But I might guess that it places the 1st paramter in EAX, second in EBX,
then ECX, EDX.

Thanks,

Yamin

This mail sent through www.mywaterloo.ca