Re: Where should g++ find a 'max' macro or function ?

On Monday 10 November 2003 13:54, Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:

> In C++ (and in C) it's strongly recommended that you include the proper
> header file that declares the symbols utilized.
>
> Try this in your little program:
> #include <algorithm>
>     using std::max;

Thanks, helped.

I already knew about strict prototyping, but didn't know _WHERE_ to find the
prototype. To avoid messing up the gcc-help list next time, could you - or
anyone of the guru's - point me a document, specifying where to find such
standard utilities, means which stl header to include ? Would be great ...

Michael