mingw -> linux cross compiler

Has anyone here built a mingw -> linux cross compiler? I have a couple of
problems and questions...

First... what headers/runtimes do I need, and where do I get them? I don't
have access to a linux system, so I can't just copy the headers, and I can't
unpack the rpm files that contain the headers.

Second... I'm having trouble compiling collect2.c. Someone pointed me to a
thread about problems with this when creating a mingw -> linux cross
compiler, but I didn't see the solution. Has anyone figured out how to solve
this?

    - Sheryl