RE: AS -force-long-branchs for all processors

Well, on x86 the "call" instruction for function calls supports absolute
addressing, but still "-force-long-branchs argument" won't work in
producing x86 machine code. In fact if you try to assemble something for
x86 with that argument with gcc 2.95.4 the source won't compile.

I thought that absolute call addressing is a rather common feature in
processors(maybe it's not). How come it only made it in gcc for the
m68HC11/12s ? Isn't that odd ?