From: Robin Rowe [mailto:rower@MovieEditor.com]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 11:02 PM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: What good is crash instruction pointer?

Hi. I want my apps to keep a crash log that users can send in with bug
reports. I can use sigaction to catch the instruction pointer on SIGSEGV. My
question is can I do anything useful with that pointer address if a user
emails it to me?

Is there a map file I can generate that will tell me where in the source
code that pointer corresponds, what line of code the program choked on?

Thanks!

Robin
Robin.Rowe@MovieEditor.com   Hollywood, California
www.CinePaint.org   Free motion picture and still image editing software