Testsuite for Cross Toolchain

I'm new to this list after spending most of the day poking
around archives, FAQs and other dusty corners of the internet.
I'm desperately looking for a simple explanation of how to
perform what I thought was a simple task.

I have succesfully built the GNU Toolchain, with GCC 3.3, on
an x86 box running Redhat 9, targetting PowerPC also running
a version of Linux.  It works!  I can build a program on the
x86 box and run it on the PPC box.  Now I want to run the GCC
testsuite.  That's all.

I fetched recent source for Dejagnu, Expect, and Tcl/Tk, built
everything and am hopelessly lost in a mountain of complexity.
It's easy to start the suite going, but it immediately announces
that it will run the tests on the local system - and that that's
probably wrong.  But it doesn't suggest what might be right
nor how to achieve it.

Please advise.  These machines are networked and can communicate
via NFS, ssh, etc.  Thanks.

Mike