Re: Gcc static linking problems

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 02:42, aoliva@redhat.com wrote:
> As an additional
> non-GNU/Linux data point, more along the lines of the original
> question: I'm told Solaris won't even support static linking in the
> near future.

I'd appreciate if you could elaborate a bit on this point. Could you
give us your sources or a pointer to the beginning of an explanation ? I
was asked many questions about static linking not working anymore when
users begun using gcc 3.x over 2.95 on our Solaris boxes, but I couldn't
find usefull information on the subject.

Regards,
--
Frederic RISS <frederic.riss@st.com>
STMicroelectronics - DAIS - Flexware team