Re: gcc

"Arash Farmand" <arashfarmand at hotmail dot com> writes:

> I have gcc version 3.2 that I'm running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 standard
> edition.
> After compiling a simple C program, I run the executable a.out but
> there is never

(Shot in the dark ... )

How do you run it?

Until you start writing programs that draw windows, do *not* run them
    using the 'Run' menu option in either KDE or Gnome - that will
    cause the output to be redirected to somewhere you'll never find.

Instead, start a terminal (xterm, kterm, gterm, footerm, it doesn't
    matter) and run it from the command line.

> any output to the console. Not even a simple "Hello world" program
> shows its output.
> Any suggestions?

Yes. In the future, when posting here (or any other help forum) give a
    short piece of example code, your platform (at least you provided
    that : ) and a description of how you ran it.