Inerupts handling

My problem is i was using turbo c++ compiler before and frequently
used ROM-BIOS interupts for
certain functions ( like handling the screen, calling the mouse
etc all in dos based programs
using 386 based registers like ah al etc).

Now I've started using gcc and find that even a basic screen
clearing function requires me to use the
"ncurses" library. this i did but it handles the screen only using
windows and does not treat the console as an
unlimited buffer.

I dont wanna use the library therefore. plus it was a lot easier
calling interupts for most simple tasks.
I've read somewhere that Linux does not allow BIOS interupts since
it runs in 'protected' mode.
therefore, I cant do simple stuff like clearing a screen myself.

Is there some way to do the above task easily (with or without
assembly ?)

Please help.
Anant