Re: exception checking

Michal Liptak <liptak at isdd dot sk> writes:

> Is exception checking at compile time planned to be implemented in gcc/g++?

I doubt it. For one, most C++ experts think exception specifications
    would remain useless if checked at compile time. Two, the c++
    standard requires that an implementation shall not reject a
    program due to a mismatch in exception specifications, and/or
    catch blocks. Three, there is no way to write an exception
    specification for a template function which is both sufficiently
    general, and significantly more restrictive than allowing anything
    to be thrown. There are further problems, some involving function
    pointers, and another involving shared libraries, but I've
    forgotten them.