Re: embedding gcc?

Thanks very much for the replies. Basically you're saying, use the GCC that's already on my computer and call it from the app as an external service to it. This is what someone has told me elsewhere too.

I'm sure this is possible and makes complete sense, but my ideal goal is to allow people to easily install this application that I'm making, and I wish that to be one simple install. A self contained thing. On the Apple Mac in OS X, GCC comes with the developer tools. Most people will not have this installed.

So I'm still wondering about the possibility of somehow including the necessary parts of GCC within my application? How difficult would it be? Does anyone know of a previous project or application that has GCC embedded? It's got to be possible, right?