Re: binary of gcc for Linux

At 12.47 08/12/2002 -0500, Lubos Bosak wrote:
I have Linux RedHat 7.3 and need gcc, but need to get the binaries (of at
least C compiler) first. However, on the
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html, none of those listed state
explicitly that they are for Linux. My best shot didn't work.
Could you please help me with which binary to get, or where I can get the
one that I need. I've already spent couple of hours searching the net, but
among those that I found, none were the right ones. I probably don't know
where to look at...anyway, thanks for your help.
Lubos Bosak
Well, usually RedHat comes with gcc binaries as well.
If don't have the CD anymore, have a look at <http://rpmfind.net/> and its mirros.
RedHat released only gcc 2.96 for the 7.x releases, but you can grab just the C compiler and then use that to build your own gcc 3.2.1 from sources.

fwyzard