converting int to string

Hi,

Sorry, if this is a rather easy one, but can someone tell me how to convert an int, or any other value ,into a string?

I am trying to concatenate values onto the end of strings for some debug info, coming from java, i would do something like, "message" + intValue. The message should then get logged. Is there something similar, or an integer.stringValue() type method available? or do i have to stick with something like sprintf(...

Thanks,
~Colin.