Re: Trouble compiling a 'hello world' program with the GCC Binary

:
:
> error 1052: Directive name not recognized - STABS'

Looks like you're using HP's bundled assembler and the build of GCC
expects the GNU binutils assembler. Check 'gcc -v': the configure line
will probably include '--with-gnu-as'. Almost all HPUX builds do; the
bundled assembler embeds a timestamp in built objects that the current
bootstrap-compare machinery can't usefully work around.

Installing a binutils package from the porting center should fix this. If
it does, and they haven't documented that their GCC package needs the
binutils package, then you should probably drop them a note.

Hope that helps,
Rup.