Using LOCAL_INCLUDE_DIR settings

When building gc, I want to set up to look in /usr/local/GNU/include instead
of /usr/local/include (for the default -I) and /usr/local/GNU/lib instead of
/usr/local/lib (for the default -L).

The manual appears to say that the variable LOCAL_INCLUDE_DIR should be set
for this.  However, I did not see that something of this nature is available
for the library.

Additionally, I would like to know if this can be set for multiple include and
library directories or if only one such directory can be specified.

That is, /usr/local/XTOOLS/include and /usr/local/GNU/include should both be
searched.  Can the variable be set to a colon separated list or must only one
directory be referenced.

Please cc me directly as well as responding to the list.

--
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
 The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net