Re: help!!

Please don't send HTML email; more information is at gcc.gnu.org/lists.html

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 07:57:57PM -0000, Nicole Nails wrote:
> I need though a list of all
> possible errors the GNU compiler will detect when a student is attempting to
> compile and/or run a program.

In theory, anywhere the language rules say that a compiler must detect an
error, we do so.

For an exact list, look through the GCC source code for calls to the
functions named "warning" and "error".

Be aware that there are many mistakes in C and C++ that compilers cannot
detect, or are not required to detect.  Beginning students should probably
use flags like

    -Wall -W -pedantic

while learning the language.

Phil