Re: Configuring and Compiling GCC for Windows

Hallo Wayne

I think that the answer to the problem is probably in the last mail I sent.

all:
         @echo 'ac_maketemp="$(MAKE)"'

gives

  ac_maketemp=\c:/MinGW/BIN/make.exe"   ( I checked again and there is a "
at the end of the path which has been substituted for "$(MAKE)")

I asked around again and found someone with a little Linux experience and
he is pretty sure that there is a problem with the slashes and that that
the " at the end is causing a syntax error.

The path comes from the windows SET PATH=c:\MinGW\BIN command in my
autoexec.bat file, which I added so that both dos and cygwin can find the
MinGW compiler that I am using for the configuration and so the problem
must be here somewhere.
We experimented with other assigning possibilities in the autoexec file but
didn't have any success and I wonder whether there is another method for
assigning the path for cygwin which is the correct method - I see often
notes about assigning the path of the c-compiler to the CC environment
variable but no instruction on how this should best be performed. I assume
that my method is wrong.

How do you assign the path so that cygwin can find your compiler ????

Regards

Mark