Re: Re: treedraw: compilation error

Hi Rupert,

> > FILE *yyin =stdin, *yyout =stdout;     <---- this is line 20
>
> This one gets a mention in the GCC commonly reported bugs list:
>     This construct commonly occurs in code generated by old versions
>     of lex or yacc. We suggest you try regenerating the parser with a
>     current version of flex or bison, respectively. In your own code,
>     the appropriate fix is to move the initialization to the beginning
>     of main.

Thanks for your help, but I don't understand what to do. The
"treedraw"-source is not mine, I found it somewhere. It was created in the
80's for the windows platform. I never worked with gcc. You can recommend a
good documentation for an absolute newbie on C and gcc? To be honest, I don't
have the time to study C and gcc, just from time to time I need to compile
some source, which normally works fine.

> flex, a replacement for lex, may already be part of your OS distribution

Yes, it is on Debian 3.0.

Thanks for your patience
Gerhard