RE: Exceptions and so

Hi

Well it's really simple code inside the shared object.
Not even this is working
prinf("Throw")
try{
	throw 1;
}
catch(int i){
	prinf("Catch")
}
I got the same result when compiling with gcc or g++
Bjorn
Can you specify comp.lang.c++.moderated
Thanks!
/Henrik

>Hi Henrik,

> You should be able to throw exceptions in a shared object
>and even accross the so interface, but you have to be very
>carefull. I have had interesting results stemming from
>premature unloading of libraries due to thrown exceptions.
>A simple design flaw on my behalf due to insufficient
>understanding, but quite educational i guess;)
> You might want to check out comp.lang.c++.moderated, since
there is an interesting thread running now about the binary
compatibility of shared objects.
 Perhaps you could try to post a small contained example
demonstrating the problem?

Yours sincerely,

bjorn