Re: Help! Attempting to install gcc 3.0.4

Darin> Ok, so when they say GCC needs to be 'built', the binary distribution is
Darin> pre-built?  I didn't know that's what this refers to.  The 'source' tar
Darin> file  is what had the 'configure' file in the top-directory.  I had the
Darin> 'executable' tar file even before that, but it wasn't a .bin file.  I'll go
Darin> back to UCLA's site and see if I can find the binary, because if I can
Darin> install via SMIT this sounds like what I want.  Thank you.

	The binary distribution is pre-built, meaning that it has been
configured and compiled for AIX.  It should be a snapshot of the files
installed by GCC so that it can be installed on another system.

	I believe that UCLA repository distributes tar files and the
Groupe Bull repository distributes AIX installp-format (SMIT) files.  UCLA
also mirrors the Groupe Bull website with a link at the bottom-left side
column on the UCLA welcome page.

David