Re: Linking Fortran

Hi Olivier,

 I would say, that you have to be very careful with linking
object files generated by different compilers. There are
differences in the handling of data types and parameter passing
for functions and such. I seem to recall something about a
C linkage standard, but that is about it. I think, you should
be able to link object files from two C compilers. I mean, the
system libraries go with the system and not the compiler.
 Different C++ compilers usually name mangle differently, C and
Fortran handle char strings differently and so forth...

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn