Threads and exceptions

Hello.

I'm working on a multithreaded application with therrible error-handling
(or no error-handling at all). I'd like to use exceptions, but this is
what I've read on gcc.gnu.org:

>     You need to rebuild g++ and libstdc++ with |--enable-threads| .
>     Remember, c++ exceptions are not like hardware interrupts. You
>     cannot throw an exception in one thread and catch it in another.
>     You cannot throw an exception from a signal handler, and catch it
>     in the main thread.

OK. I don't need to throw an exception between threads (and never
supposed that to work). But how can I check if g++ included with my
distribution is or is not already compiled with --enable-theads?

Regards

Robert.