RE: Responsible: unknown

Wolfgang Stuehlmeyer wrote:

> my Request gcc-prs 6236 (ia64 vtable call - Illegal Instruction) has
> Responsible unknown. What could be the reason?

It says 'unassigned' which means no individual has claimed the bug as
one that they're definitely going to fix themselves. Some people use the
'responsible' field to claim a bug to avoid anyone else duplicating the
effort, but in general people just leave the field set to 'unassigned'
and post a patch to fix the bug when they've got one.

If you want to argue that this is a high-priority to fix for GCC 3.1,
you should write to the main GCC development list and not gcc-help.
Reply to the "GCC 3.1 Release" thread if you can, or make it clear in
your subject line what you want.

Rup.