make bootstrap4 and compile errors

Hi, folks!

I was wondering what information I need to include for a bug report;  The generic symptoms are:

- Gcc-3.0.4
- HP-UX 11.0
- V2200 machine
- make bootstrap4 starting with the default HP cc, and gnu make (made with HP cc)
- I’m getting many, many compare errors.  However, when I go to manually compare the files, they are the same size!  Diff says they are different, but it cannot be by that much.
- I even went so far as to make install, then do an additional make bootstrap4.  Same problem.
- dejagnu compiles and installs.  I installed the gcc-testsuite, and it is running right now with some failures already.
- gcc’s ./configure guesses “checking host system type... hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00”

More?  Please let me know what … Thanks!

A. Daniel King, System Analyst
Fiserv - Atlanta Center
1475 Peachtree Street, NE - Suite 700
Atlanta, GA 30309