HP11.00-gcc 3.0.3- ld 64 bit : Type mismatch for symbol "sqlca"; resolving NOTYPE when using Oracle 8.1.7.

> Hi,
>
> I have installed gcc 3.0.3 both 32 bit version and 64 bit version..
> (hppa64-hp-hpux11.00 and hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00)
>
> Both seems to work fine to compile C code.
> But when I include pro C files (oracle 8.1.7), only the 32bit version
> works as expected.
> (I switch to use oracle libs for 32 and 64 bit respectively.)
>
> Using gcc 64 bit I get error of the type
>
> ld: Type mismatch for symbol "sqlca"; resolving NOTYPE symbol (in file
> insert.o) to NOTYPE symbol (in file connect.o)
> ld: Type mismatch for symbol "oraca"; resolving NOTYPE symbol (in file
> insert.o) to NOTYPE symbol (in file connect.o)
> ld: Type mismatch for symbol "db_msc_id"; resolving NOTYPE symbol (in file
> retrieve.o) to NOTYPE symbol (in file insert.o)
>
> (This object are created from .pc files insert.pc. retieve.pc)
>
> despite of this the binary is built for the 64-bit case, but it doesn't
> work properly.
> It hangs when it access database and I have to kill the process.
>

> Any idea what could be the reason?
>
> Regards Johan

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.