Obscure name mangling issue with gcc 2.95.2

Could someone clarify for me when gcc will generate mangled names with the N
parameter key and when it will use the T parameter key? gcc is
intermittently using both and it's causing linking problems, both within my
project and with a library I'm linking to. For example, right now, I'm
trying to link with this function

void MyClass::GetBackBufferInfo(int *addr, int *psm, int *width)

and the symbol that ends up in my code is this:

                 U GetBackBufferInfo__Q211MyNamespace7MyClassPiN21

but the library I compiled (same compiler) has this:

0000000000004108 T GetBackBufferInfo__Q211MyNamespace7MyClassPiT1T1

Does anyone have any insight that they could offer?