HELP~~! Tell me the CORRECT method to use gcc/g++ whith pthread, please

I'm totally puzzled with gcc-3.0.x.

what is the real meaning of --enable-threads=LIB ?
do gcc/g++ use the correct FLAGS and/or link the correct library
automatically ? it should, why not?
but i didn't see gcc define the correct FLAGS, for example stl_config.h say:
// User-settable macros that control compilation:
// * _PTHREADS: if defined, use Posix threads for multithreading support.
// * _UITHREADS:if defined, use SCO/Solaris/UI threads for multithreading

but when I use a g++ configured with --enable-threads=solaris to compile a
test program, it result
that none of _PTHREADS or _UITHREADS defined .

THEN WHAT DOES --enable-threads=LIB MEAN ?? SHOULD I DEFINE ANY FLAGS MYSELF
IN ORDER
TO USE THREADS CORRECTLY, IF I SHOULD, WHICH FLAGS ?? HOW ??

this is the first question, the second one:

On a solaris x86, using POSIX pthreads (not Solaris threads), which LIB
should I use? "--enable-threads=solaris"
or "--enable-threads=posix", and any extra FLAGS??

thirdly, how about AIX ?? I have written a email ( using my old email
address peterpan@chinaren-inc.com)
to say can't configure  correct thread mode on AIX, u guys simply ignored
me. the only feedback i got is from poor
Pavel Ganelin <pganelin@marketswitch.com>. he said: "I saw you post in
USENET. Did you get any answer.
I have the same problem."

ANSWER ME!! HELP ME!!! THANK YOU!!!