gcc on arm

Sorry I didn't make myself clear
I need to build a gcc cross-compiler for arm-elf target hosted on an i386 linux ( redhat) or cygwin. I had some problems  building my code with the initial gcc 3.0 release so I put it away for a while and continued my development with gcc 2.95.3 . Now I'd like  to get back in sync with the current version of gcc, hoping that enough time passed, and the bugs in the initial release have been fixed.
I checked this page: http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.0/buildstat.html and didnt find arm there so I decided to ask. However, the fact that there's no mention of arm on that page suggests that the owners of netwinder linux  boxes are stuck with gcc 2.95.2/3. Is that the case ?

thanks  for prompt responses
Andy