Re: compile from ss 120301

I don't know what's exactly causing this error (sombody with more gcj
experience might help here) :

>Makefile:1778:  target 'ja' doesn't match the target pattern
>Makefile:1778:  target 'j' doesn't match the target pattern
>Makefile:1794:  target 'ja' doesn't match the target pattern
>Makefile:1794:  target 'j' doesn't match the target pattern
>make:  Circular ja <- libgcj.jar dependency dropped.
>libtool: compile:  cannot determine name of library object from 'ja'

Howver, if you're not interested i unsing the java compiler, and just want
to use c and c++ you can try adding
--enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-libgcj
to your configure line.

>The following packages are what I untarred from the 12-03-1 snapshot view:
>
>gcc-20011203.tgz
>gcc-core-20011203.tgz
>gcc-g++-20011203.tgz
>
>Should I have also downloaded all the other packages?  If I recall
>correctly, there were some other gzip files for java?

gcc-core-xxx and gcc-g++-xxx are all you need to use c and c++. If you also
want java, you need gcc-java-xxx.
However, the gcc package (tar.gz or tar.bz2) contains the full gcc sources,
so with that you can build all the gcc front-ends (languages).

>Thanks to everyone for your help so far.

HTH
fwyzard