This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is there a way to make static executable out of ELF shared one?
- From: Axel Kittenberger <Axel dot Kittenberger at maxxio dot at>
- To: vda <vda at port dot imtp dot ilyichevsk dot odessa dot ua>, "Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci" <fwyzard at inwind dot it>, gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:52:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: Is there a way to make static executable out of ELF shared one?
- Organization: Maxxio Technologies
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <01121117114100.01640@manta>
> Yes I can but most shared binaries need (guess what?....) libc
> which isn't exactly small :-(
I do not now what your apps do but without a libc yoh have not interfacing in
na way (except raising the kernel traps yourself), no printf, no puts, no
exit, and argh you don't even have something that calls your main routine.
(You'll have to make the sjstem jump in yourself) Until you aren't doing
something very very special/crazy there will be na way aronud having any
libc) It's like building an embedded processor without RAM.