This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
help and advice on gcc installation
- From: Pradeep Deva <P dot Deva at uws dot edu dot au>
- To: help-gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:45:03 +1000
- Subject: help and advice on gcc installation
I have to install gcc on a Sun E450 running Solaris 8. I've
downloaded, gunzipped, untarred it in /opt/pkg/gcc/gcc-2.95.3.
To install the works, i.e. C, C++, Java , etc, do I simply do the
2) mkdir /opt/example-object-compiler
3) cd /opt/example-object-compiler
4) /opt/pkg/gcc/gcc-2.95.3/configure - ( no options or target )
5) /usr/ccs/bin/make bootstrap ( cannot seem to find GNU make )
Look forward for your reply.