DBlibrary problem

I have (somehow) successfully installed gcc, and it works!!

I have also installed SYBASE Open Client 12.5.

Whenever, I try running gcc test.c -o test.out, where test makes use of the
dblibrary,
I get errors like "cannot find sybfront.h", even though sybfront.h exists in the
include folder
that it should exist in.

Any ideas why?

Kabir

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you
the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my
firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.