Re: installing gcc on Mac OS X

    Liu> Hi, I downloaded gcc 3.0.2 from gnu.org and tried to compile
    Liu> it myself on an Apple PowerMac G4 running Mac OS X 10.1.
    Liu> While in the source directory, I executed "./configure" which
    Liu> ran fine.  Then I executed "make install", which aborted with
    Liu> the error messages at the end of this email.  These messages
    Liu> were from the second time I tried to make install.  Could you
    Liu> tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I suppose you're just not reading the installation instructions?!

    Liu> Thanks.

    Liu> Sincerely, Yuen-Jong Liu

First off, as clearly stated in the installation instructions you need
to build in a seperate directory -- NOT in the source directory.

Secondly, as clearly stated in the installation instructions you need
to run 'make bootstrap' to build a native compiler.

Read the manuals.

HTH
Claudio