Re: g77 questions

Che-ming Yang wrote:

> I just start to use g77 compiler. I have a huge program which I have
> been successfully converting to the g77 supported options except the
> following. I consult the document first without much success. I would
> be very much appreciated if you can give me at least some hint.

> (1) The $ sign I used in the IO format only works for WRITE but not
> for READ. Is there a equivalent option that I can use to stop reading
> or writing in the same line and be able to continue reading or
> writing later at the same location rather than the new line?

No.  I'm a bit surprised that you need that - in the 6 years that g77
exists now, nobody ever has asked for that feature ...

> (2) Is PAUSE supported by g77? What is the correct syntax?

Just: PAUSE.  It will print a string and continue if you type 'go'.

> (3) Can I get the system time down to 1/100 of a second?

That depends on resolution of the gettimeofday system call on your OS.
Consult the man page of gettimeofday to get the answer to this question.

> (4) Can you suggest some helpful document or book that I can use for
> questions of the above kind?

Well, as far as g77 is concerned, the only thing we have is the
documentation (texinfo files) that accompanies the compiler.

> Thank you in advance for your help?

Hope this helps,