Re: multi-processor

It really blew my mind when Valerie Cayol <V.Cayol@opgc.univ-bpclermont.fr> said:

> I run gcc on a linux pentium II and I am trying to
> compile a C code so that it uses the two processors
> I have on this machine. Is that possible and what are the compilation
> instructions ?

The comiler cannot make your program take advantage of more than one
processor without your help.

You should look at the POSIX threads section of the libc infor pages.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"If you need a piece of paper and a pen to explain it,
then its not bleedin' obvious" -- Erik's First Law