Array Dimension Question

The g77 compiler doesn't support array's that have more than  8192 elements.
The limit is dependent on the range of an integer (which is platform
dependent).  The RedHat 7.1 load that I'm using has the  compiler natively
built for i386.  I'm trying to rebuild for i686 to take  advantage of the
extra bits, such that the range of an integer is expanded.   This limitation
is part of the g77 front end, and not the gcc back end.  Does anyone know a
way to get around this?

Chris L. VanHouten
Systems Engineer
Trade Studies & Issue Resolution, System Analysis
THAAD Weapon Systems Engineering
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company-Missiles & Space Operations