Re: help on cross-compile applications

Ming Ouyang wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed gcc 3.0 for mips and newlib 1.9.0 on my
> redhat box, and I have compiled linux kernel 2.4.3 for
> mips successfully, but when I tried to compile some
> simple applications, I always got error messages like
> "can't find xxx.h", does that means newlib is not
> enough and I should install glibc or something else?
> If I need glibc, which version is the best?
> Thanks for any help so much.

Newlib is for applications which do not use an OS.

You need to build a bootstrap version of gcc, build glibc with
the bootstrap-gcc, then build a final version of gcc.  You also
need the kernel headers from linux to build glibc.  Use the glibc-2.2.3.
Read the CrossGCC FAQ.

--
Michael Eager     eager@mvista.com	408-328-8426
MontaVista Software, Inc. 1237 E. Arques Ave., Sunnyvale, CA  94085