Re: Installing GCC 3.0 on Redhat

On Oct  2, 2001, "Premetz, Dan (MED)" <Daniel.Premetz@med.ge.com> wrote:

> I thought the "LANGUAGES=c" argument on the make line would only build
> the C compiler stuff.  Why does it care about the C++ stuff during the
> stage 1 compilation?

It doesn't.  It got past `stage 1' and started building target
libraries.  The C++ language had been enabled at configure time, so
the top-level make attempted to configure and build the target library
after building the compiler.

LANGUAGES="lang lang lang..." is deprecated.  Use
--enable-languages=lang,lang,lang... at configure time instead.